Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

     Hello Bloggers, How is everyone's new year coming along? I am spending this new year as a college grad!!!! It is very exciting to not have to worry about assignments that are due, or classes that I have to go to. It is amazing to me how much gas I have saved by only driving on the days that I work. However, soon the honeymoon will be over, I have promised myself that I would take December off and begin looking for a more grown up job in January. The job search is coming along nicely. While I haven't been accepted in any library positions I have filled out volunteer paperwork for the archives at our Central Library. I'm really excited about being able to help out there.
     I have also spent the break crocheting. I have made several little amigurumi animals and found a hat pattern that I just love, I have one in nearly every color. It's funny; I planned on spending so much time reading once I graduated, but I've done hardly any in two months. I did read the latest book in J.R. Wards' Fallen Angels series. It was good, but I'm more of a fan of her Blackdagger Brotherhood series. What I love about the Angels' series is that it is also set in Caldwell, NY and some characters and places overlap. In fact I'm wondering if this won't result in a novel that combines the two series in the fight for good and evil.
     The latest book I'm reading in the new year is The Fellowship of the Ring. It all happened while I was having a LOTR movie marathon (all three extended editions on blu-ray) and working on this crochet bunny. I was possessed with the need to read the books again. They are so rich in detail and language. Tolkien was such a genius to have created multiple cultures and histories, not to mention a language for each culture. I don't think there has been an author who has come even close to filling his shoes.
     I'm really pushing through the series, faster than I ever have before. I think most of that is due to the fact that I have resolved to lose 15 pounds by the first week in May. The hardest part for me isn't the eating healthfully, I really to like my veggies, it's been regulating my snacking/grazing. It's something I do when I'm bored, I snack. So I have been doing my best to keep busy, whether it's been crocheting toys or reading through the LOTR series. I am two weeks in and I have lost 5 pounds!! I am also exercising more and I have never been so sore, but my mood has improved so much!
     Well, that's all I have to report for now, I'll come back later and post some pics of my fiber projects!!
ta <3

No comments:

Post a Comment