Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

This is such a beautiful day

I love early spring. It always reminds me of that Robert Frost Poem, "Nothing Gold Can Stay". Today the sky is cerulean blue, there must not be an ounce of humidity; and it is wonderfully cool outside. Making the day even more blissful, I was able to sleep in late. This in spite of the protestations of my puppy, Zoe, who seems to think that there is some sort of tragedy if I'm not up when she wants to play.

As I was making my coffee I looked out on the deck and thought how nice it would be if we had lots of ferns and potted plants up there to make it look kind of like a hanging garden, then we could have a chair and table so that on mornings like this one I could sit and sip coffee and read my book.

Right now I'm reading Atlas Shrugged, or at least trying to. It's for a scholarship for grad school, I have to write an essay. I'm getting kind of antsy about books lately, mostly because there are so many I want to read and I'm not the sort of person to finish a book before I start another, so now I have so many started that I don't know which one to pick up next! It's made even worse by this website I found. It's like pandora for books!!

No comments:

Post a Comment