Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

I feel like there should be a meaningful title here....

Tomorrow I begin the last (I think) book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. I've been putting it off and putting it off just because I don't want the series to end, J.R. Ward is an amazing writer! But sooner or later it must happen and I don't know when my next day off will be, so tomorrow I might be saying goodbye to the Brotherhood :(
In other news, I want to write a novel for Harlequin Romance! Don't role your eyes! It's mostly to see if I can do it.... and it's turning out to be much harder than one would think! I've written short stories before, but they were only 12 pages or so long. The minimum word count for a Harlequin novel is something like 50,000! That's about 200 pages and that's the manuscript!
But the novel might have to wait until after my cousin's wedding!!! I'm a bridesmaid and I went to get my dress today but there were a couple of snafus... 1) the sash of the dress, which is long, got caught on the garment rack and had a tear in it... so it will take at least 10 days to get that fixed and the wedding is in 3 weeks.
2) Between my undergarment and the tightness of the dress I can't breathe very well, I'm afraid I'll have a panic attack or faint during the ceremony. I've decided to just wear it for a couple of hours at a time until the wedding, just to stretch it out and also to get used to wearing such a tight dress. At least it's really purty!
And that's all the news for today, I'll write back soon with my comments on Lover Mine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment